February 10, 2009
Final beta 2 of WebCoder 2009 is finally here :). A bunch of bugs have been fixed, and I feel that we're getting closer to the final release. Keep up the good work, so we can nail the remaining ones.
As stated in a previous post, I would like to give away a free commercial TSW WebCoder 2009 license to the 5 most active betatesters once the final version has been released. I hope that this will motivate you even more, so that the final product can be as bug free as possible!
Download TSW WebCoder 2009 final beta 2 - please provide feedback in the beta forum
In case you're wondering what's new in WebCoder 2009, I urge you to read all the posts I have written on the progress of this new version. They will give you a lot of details on most of the new functionality. For a complete list of blog posts, use this link.
Please be aware that this is beta software. It's meant for testing only, and if you don't feel comfortable using software with known bugs and quirks, you should wait for the final version.
February 9, 2009
I'm happy to announce a new maintenance release for TSW phpCoder 2008. It comes with the following changes:
- A minor bug related to scripts and encoding were fixed.
- A couple of small PHP Tidy related bugs were fixed.
- If no text is selected and you start a standard Search or Search & Replace operation, the current word will be suggested as the search phrase.
- Access to the Shell context menu is now possible for both files and folders on the Projects tab, by holding down the Ctrl key when right clicking on a node.
- Code for communicating with TSW WebCoder 2009 was implemented. This will allow users of both applications to share projects and work on the same files with both editors at the same time. More information can be found here.
- Projects with a non-existing root path could not be updated. This should be fixed now.
- You can now define a specific encoding to use when loading and saving files from a specific project.
- The selected project database would not be shown when editing the properties of a project.
- Made sure that FTP/Web mapped URL's will get the refresh parameter too, to prevent a cached version of the file to be shown.
To upgrade, simply go to the phpCoder product page and download the application. Install it on top of the previous version, that should cause no problems. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us.