RSSThe TSW Blog

TSW WebCoder 2009 final beta 1 released

January 21, 2009

I'm very pleased to announce the first final beta of WebCoder 2009. The amount of bugs fixed has increased a lot, while the amount of new bugs being reported has decreased a lot, so I felt it was about time. By tradition, this is also the first beta release that includes updated documentation, so feel free to comment on that as well :)

This release includes changes to some datafiles, so please make sure that you allow WebCoder to replace your old datafiles with new and updated ones, if you want the latest changes. Keep up the good work :)

Also, as stated in a previous post, I would like to give away a free commercial TSW WebCoder 2009 license to the 5 most active betatesters once the final version has been released. I hope that this will motivate you even more, so that the final product can be as bug free as possible!

Download TSW WebCoder 2009 final beta 1 - please provide feedback in the beta forum

In case you're wondering what's new in WebCoder 2009, I urge you to read all the posts I have written on the progress of this new version. They will give you a lot of details on most of the new functionality. For a complete list of blog posts, use this link.

Please be aware that this is beta software. It's meant for testing only, and if you don't feel comfortable using software with known bugs and quirks, you should wait for the final version.

Kasper (TSW) @ 11:32 pm in WebCoder

7 Responses to “TSW WebCoder 2009 final beta 1 released”

1. pauli says:

what is the difference between webcoder & phpcoder? That would be very helpfull chart to show.
    Also not letting me read manual before purchase is not very helpfull. I want to move away from dreamweaver and this is pretty nice. Also is Rapid php. I’m looking for “comment out block” button. Is it possible it’s not there?

thanks

Pauli

2. Kasper (TSW) says:

Hi Pauli,

I have a chart here: http://www.tsware.net/featurechart.php
    I will get links up to it from the pages soon :)

I’m not sure what has made you believe that you can’t read the manual before purchasing? It is included with the WebCoder 2007 trial version, and now also in the latest beta version of WebCoder 2009. It can be accessed from the Help menu :)

What do you expect from the “Comment out block” function? If it doesn’t exist, it can be scripted :)

3. pauli says:

thanks mate, playling with 2009. is it going to be a combination of both web&php coder? i see it has SFTP support. I like features from both. Any reason not having just one product? they seem very similar. any chart with webcoder 2007 VS phpcoder 2008 VS webcoder 2009? so far GREAT job. going to look at scripting now.

4. pauli says:

wow another scripting lang greeeeeeeeeeeat LOL. Maybe some premade in the PRO section?

5. Pauli says:

made this one

***PHP line comment out***

from System import String

ss = String.split(Editor.SelectedView.SelectedText, ‘\n’)

for line in ss:
    Editor.SelectedView.SelectedText = “// ” + line

***PHP line UNcomment out***

from System import String

commTag = “// ”

ss = String.split(Editor.SelectedView.SelectedText, ‘\n’)

for line in ss:
    if(line.StartsWith(commTag)):
    Editor.SelectedView.SelectedText = line.Substring(commTag.Length, line.Length – commTag.Length)

6. Pauli says:

I’m sorry… back to my original post:

i was confused with this statement on the right lower site of the website:

“If you would like documentation on WebCoder you should consider buying a Pro version. Fully documented in PDF and HTML help. Read more on http://pro.tsware.net

7. Kasper (TSW) says:

Hi Pauli,

Where do you see that piece of text? It shouldn’t be on this site anyway :)

Nice work with the scripting!