RSSThe TSW Blog

The making of "WebCoder.NET" – part 11

April 20, 2007

With WebPad.NET, we introduced a new way of using the internal preview of the editor. For the first time the good old "Edit - Preview - QuickEdit" tabs were gone, and replaced with a more flexible model, where the preview windows could be anywhere, and visible while editing. I think that this worked out well for a lot of people, and I also think that WebPad.NET was the right place to introduce this. However, WebCoder is an "old" application, with lots of users and traditions, and to be honest, I was afraid to make this change for "WebCoder.NET" too :). The obvious choice seemed to be to make this as an option, so that's what I did. On the first screenshot, you saw the WebPad.NET inspired interface which is default, with the preview browsers placed in tool windows. I promised you some more screenshots, so here is one with the "old style" interface, and just for fun, on Windows Vista, so you can see how it looks there as well :)

As always, enjoy, and let me know what you think. Do you guys want more screenshots? Any specific parts or functionality? Requests are welcome :)

Kasper (TSW) @ 9:23 am in WebCoder

6 Responses to “The making of "WebCoder.NET" – part 11”

1. Tobias says:

Hello =)
    Awsome with screenshots =D Hopefully it soon will be open for betatesting =) What I would like to see more of if you wanna show off would be what webcoder really is built for, implementation of php working towards mysql, you know that nice window where you can see the functions in a class, and all the inherited functions and so on =)

cheers mate!

2. Kasper (TSW) says:

Hi Tobias,

Actually, I was thinking of doing that as a small video :). Anyone else interested?

3. Anders says:

Yeah, that would be nice, but of course, betaversions are better :D
    Hope to see one soon .. ?

4. Tobias says:

But ofcourse a video, why didnt I think of that ;-)
    I got one question, how is it with the possibility to build my own scripts in the new webcoder?
    Regards

5. Kasper (TSW) says:

Hi Tobias,

Actually, they are much better than in WebCoder 2005 :). With WebCoder 2007, you get easier access to the interesting parts of WebCoder, you get to use every aspect of the .NET framework, which is extremely powerful, and you can even make plugin-like scripts. I hope to get some time to tell you more about the scripting in WebCoder 2007 soon :)

6. Tobias says:

Ooh that sounds really nice =D Thats one part that makes me love the webcoder, the scripts are very usefull for me, and I hope that you think my scripts have potential =) And make them more plugin-like sounds too good to be true ;-)

Cheers for scripts and plugins =D