RSSThe TSW Blog

The making of "WebCoder.NET" – part 6

March 19, 2007

In WebCoder 5, we went from the top tabcontrol with the tags and dialogs, to the right aligned "toolbox". Only a few people complained about this, and I personally think that it worked better this way. However, it did take up some extra space, and it couldn't be moved, which I didn't like that much.

In the next version of WebCoder, I have experimented a bit again, and converted the toolbox to a true tool window, just like the rest of the tool windows in WebCoder. This allows you to move it around, float it and position it just the way you want it. This also means that you can tab it along with the other tool windows, with the added benefit that the toolbox will no longer use an extra piece of space.

A different control is used for the toolbox as well, which means that you can now have more than one group visible at the same time. In fact, only your resolution sets the limit, as you can see on the screenshot. So, what do you think of the new toolbox? All feedback is appreciated.

Kasper (TSW) @ 11:34 am in WebCoder

7 Responses to “The making of "WebCoder.NET" – part 6”

1. Oliver says:

Kasper,

This looks like a great enhancement. It would be fantastic if you could add your own snippets to this panel as well.

Oliver

2. Kasper (TSW) says:

Hi Oliver,

You can, just like with older versions of WebCoder actually :). There is no GUI for it, but it should be described in the documentation how you can add dialogs and stuff to it :)

3. Morten says:

Looks great :D When will we see a full screenshot of the main window?

PS Why do you use a combination of GlyFx and FamFamFam icons???

4. Christopher says:

That looks great! When can I be a beta tester?

5. Kasper (TSW) says:

Hi guys,

Morten: I will soon be posting a screenshot showing the entire application, don’t worry – keep the comments flowing and it will go faster ;). About the icons, it’s simply because I like both packages and think that several of the icons can be mixed just fine :)

Christopher: Soon! I hope to have a beta version out within the next couple of months :)

6. I would be really fond about joining and test all the new functions and report errors.
    Also come with new ideas. But i don’t know how you look for beta testers. :P

7. Kasper (TSW) says:

Hi Joseph,

Don’t worry, once “WebCoder.NET” is ready for betatesting, I will post about it here on the blog. Just stay tuned – I really recommend subscribing to the RSS feed :)